Thursday, September 20, 2007

Pray For Us

Well, that's what I get for bragging about my child sleeping so well a few days ago... days of just the opposite. Today seemed to be a bit of the pinnacle of that. Avery just couldn't calm down and wouldn't sleep. And I ended up holding her for a few hours just so she would sleep. I am exhausted. Brian and I were talking that it doesn't seem like this fussiness is easing up... it seems like it has gotten worse. So, if you are reading this blog (thank you) would you pray for us. Especially for me, as the combination of fatigue and a crying baby is pretty lethal. We sure do love Avery and we thank the Lord for her... it's just a hard season of life and we need God to sustain us. I was reading some verses I had written down and found myself clinging to one in particular... and I'll end this little note with these great words:

I remember my affliction and my wandering,
the bitterness and the gall.
I well remember them,
and my soul is downcast within me.
Yet this I call to mind
and therefore I have hope:
Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed,
for his compassions never fail.
They are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.
I say to myself, "The LORD is my portion;
therefore I will wait for him."
Lamentations 3:19-24

I am thankful for God's fresh compassion each morning! Pin It

1 comment:

House of Chang said...

I'm praying for you! The sleepless nights (and days) may be over for us for now, but they're still fresh in our minds. :) I pray that God will grant all three of you sleep and peace. I know you will make it through this!! JC