Tuesday, February 26, 2008

I'm Tired


THIS IS MY LIFE... HA!

I am sitting in our living room right now listening to my daughter scream in her crib... it's been 34 minutes (and counting). I can say with honesty that I love and adore Avery... but the last 7 months have worn me out... to the bone. The last week has been exhausting and I'm just not sure what to do. A couple night ago I woke up to her crying six times in one night, she is militant against napping, she will scream for an hour instead of taking a nap, continual fussiness... that is a recipe for insanity if you ask me.

So, I guess I am writing this for a couple of reasons... one, is to ask for people to pray for us... I don't even know what to pray for, I feel like I have prayed for her to sleep or nap about a million times, so perhaps your prayers will be more effective. Another reason is to elicit any ideas... I know I am opening myself up to a lot of advice (some good and some just overwhelming), but I guess I am at the end of my rope. So, if you feel so inclined, leave a comment and let me know if you have any wisdom for me as a mom. I would greatly appreciate it.

I don't want this to cause too much concern... I just thought it might be refreshing to have some honesty about our reality right now. I'm sure this will pass... well, I'm sure it will pass at least when she graduates high school and leaves for college. So that's reassuring.

Thankful for you my family & friends. ~Rachel Pin It

2 comments:

matt & sarah said...

Rach-
I feel your pain! I've got 2 bad sleepers, and sometimes can't imagine anything worse! I remember thinking that I would never catch up on sleep or funtion normal again. Our only prayer request for Isaac's first year was that he would sleep- I think our Bible study got tired of praying for it. I decided that my sin was justified when I was beyond exhaustion and barely functioning from lack of sleep (Matt disagreed... maybe he's right?)
That said, while you are in good company it doesn't help your kid sleep! I got LOTS of advice and read LOTS of books when Isaac was Avery's age. No cure alls for us, but I liked THE NO-CRY SLEEP SOLUTION ( I think that's what it's called) It was encouraging to read and tracking sleep patterns helped. We did some Ferberizing and, well, a bunch of stuff and did what worked (and works) at the time.
The irony in all this? Someday our kids will be in high school and will be able to sleep for 15 hours at a time when we want them to be awake! We are praying for you guys! -Sar

Anonymous said...

Hey Rach,
I am sorry to hear about the high levels of stress going on. Been there, done it too... you know. The only time I could get Reece to sleep was when I put him in the baby swing. We had a swing that went side to side, and front to back, but Reece and Payton both would only sleep when it went side to side. I went through many batteries, but it was the only way I could get Reece to nap longer than 10 minutes at a time. I felt guilty about it, because the "authorities" say you are not suppose to do this... but Reece was fine, and better yet, I was able to gain some sanity from his longer naps. Some nights I had to put him in the swing to get him to go back to sleep for a few hours. That's all the help I could find when I was desperate... but it worked for me. Love you!
Tiffany