Saturday, March 21, 2009

Sick Little Girl

A couple of nights ago Avery had a pretty significant fever and was struggling to catch her breath. I took her to urgent care the next afternoon and had 2 hours of HELL! She screamed through every test, poke, and prod. It was so hard to know I just had to keep her there. She had a chest x-ray done and we found out that she has a mild case of RSV. It was weird to hear the doctor say those words... it felt like a dreaded thing to hear, you know? So many of our friends have prayed for her and we know that she is doing much better because of those words.

It is something I never knew I could feel about another person to see my daughter so sick. My heart was aching so much for her and I wished with all my heart that I could take her sickness on myself. Both Brian and I have been so emotional about the whole thing too. Gosh... we LOVE LOVE LOVE our daughter! I just want to hold her... although she isn't much of a cuddler, so that is out of the question. :)

I am reading a great book called, "The Tender Words of God" by Ann Spangler... short snippets of the Bible that I can read every day (b/c what mom has any time to sit and read for an hour?). The morning she got sick, this is what it said:

"I AM FAITHFUL FOREVER"
The Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen and protect you from the evil one.

May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul, and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. The one who calls you if faithful and HE will do it.

I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True.

Lord, as I look back over my life I cannot identify a single moment in which you have ever failed me or proven faithless. Your care has been constant even when I couldn't see it. I would be foolish not to trust you. No matter what happens, I know the One who has called me is faithful and he will do it! Pin It

No comments: