Wednesday, March 23, 2011

A Much Needed Laugh

So I am wiped out.  For whatever reason (other than taking care of two kiddos) I am just exhausted today!  But fortunately, in the midst of the chaos, there are moments of pure joy and laughter... especially with Avery.  Here is one such moment:

Setting:  I'm busy changing Madi's diaper when I hear a scream.
Avery:  "Ouch MOM!  I HURT MY INKY!"
Me:  "Your what?"
Avery:  "MY INKY!"
Me:  "Do you mean you hurt your PINKY?"
Avery:  "No mom!  I     HURT    MY   INKY!"
Me:  "Ok babe, come here so I can look at it."  By this time, I'm trying to keep it all together and not burst into laughter so my daughter knows that I'm not laughing at her pain.

Avery shows me hurt hand... which hardly has a mark on it.

Avery:  "Mom, I hurt my inky."
Me:  "Honey, that's not your inky... that's your hand."
Avery:  "Actually mom, I hurt my uncle.  Yeah.  That's it.  I hurt my uncle.  Thanks mom.  It feels better now."

So, whatever my miracle-working hands did in holding her hurt hand seemed to fix the situation.  Hilarious! Pin It

1 comment:

Aaron, Andrea, Malachi, Rachel & Isaiah said...

I love love love this story...poor Uncle...hopefully she doesn't think her hand is uncle Aaron...or who knows. But so cute! Love her.